MISSIONARY:
Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ny fiangonani Jesoa Kristy (The Church of Jesus Christ)


Manahoana fianakaviana! (Hello family)

Dad and mom both asked questions this week so here goes.
1. Have you written others?
I have been able to write people yeah, it just takes like three or four days to get one written and the mail system is slow so you guys will get letters I promise.  You just have to wait. I have a feeling Wyatt's letters to scout camp will take about two years to get there. So there is hope for those that have not received a personal letter!
2. Are you still liking the other boys?
    More or less. Being cooped up with the same nine guys forever isn't really my idea of a good time, but it's not too bad.  There are some really cool guys here, Elder Jensen and I have talked a lot lately because my companion goes off with his companion and he is really cool. He does mountain biking and rock climbing a lot. I think he is going to be one of the guys I stay in touch with post mission.
2A. Any pictures?
      Lots of pictures. The only way to get them home is in the mail though so I'm going to send it in a little bit. The computers here won't accept any card readers of any kind so the one you sent me won't even do any good.
3. Tell me something in Malagasy. When he sends some I will post them.
   They will say my name normal, but the title of the email means the church of Jesus Christ. It's really weird to pronounce things though. To say hello you say mah-nah-oh-na with a long a sound for the mah and nah. Stress the oh sound.
4. A scripture that has spoken to me.
   Um, D&C 121 is cool, I think its verse 16 maybe?  It says something like “thine afflictions will be as a small moment”.  D&C 121:7  My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
5. Are you eating and gained weight?
   I am definitely eating, I don't know if I have gained any weight but I was 179 the first gym day so I will check on that later.
6 Sorry this was a personal question. It falls under the TMI category.
7. What will they call Conner’s group?
   We will most likely call them the Lithuanians. Not too inventive but it's already made up for us.
8. Are there any pictures I would like?
   Um, not that I can think of, I'll keep you posted though.
9. Anything else I need.
   If you wanted to come do my laundry for me I wouldn't object, but other than that I am pretty good. As much as I would like to, I am afraid I will have to pass.

Dad's questions next.
1. Did I get the shot I need?
   No I haven't gotten that yet but they scheduled me to get the one I need the last Thursday I am here so it will be done.
2. Scripture from me.
   See above, but if you can't find it do D&C 4:5-6 And faith, hope, charity, and love with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.  Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.
3. Do I know of my visa/passport stuff?
   I can only assume it is here and on the right track because they haven't said otherwise.
4. You want to hear more about the other people.
   They are a bunch of other LDS teenagers who have attitudes and personalities of their own just like I do, but honestly I don't get enough time to tell you guys everything I want to so I will tell you about them in a letter. No one else drums or shoots like we do, a couple guys shoot their dads guns at barrels in a canyon but seriously how lame is that? For those that don’t know we do something called Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS) you can look it up on youtube.

I did get the package from you guys and thank you so much for that! I just wanted the sour gummy worms because they are good tasting candy haha and the whoppers are a blessing. The pillowcase made me cry for a second, thanks for that. The drumsticks are nice to have, and even though I don't get much time to use them they are nice to have when I can. I do not play the "air mail" game haha that is Elder Moulton's thing.
I did take my camera charger, haven't had to use it yet though. I'm glad Dad got the first bite of the potato salad, that is good. I'm sorry Mom isn't a very good son for BBQing and hooking up trailers and whatnot, but she is a way better cook than the rest of us so it all evens out. Got to love that boy! It makes me laugh that Mom spelled both Sydnee and Riannes name wrong in the letter though haha. Sorry Sydnee and Rianne I will do better next time.

The language is coming along pretty well, I'm having a rough time memorizing stuff but I can pronounce most words I find and recognize the ones I know now so that's good. We are teaching investigators a lot now.

Ok two quick stories because I am almost out of time. On Sunday Elder Mitchell and I were called as Zone Leaders. OK yes that made us happy to hear. Pleased not proud. Here that basically means four extra meetings on Sundays and one during the week, but it's still a lot of responsibility. So we are working through that.

Also we taught a legit Malagasy woman the other day. She speaks English too and she is already a member but it was still pretty nerve racking because we only got one planner page of notes. About the size of a 3X5 notecard. We were getting to know her and I tried to ask if she had a husband, but I messed up. I accidentally said an o where an a should have been so instead of saying (roughly translated) "do you have a husband?" I said "Do you have an (vulgar word for butt)?" She laughed so hard she almost fell out of her chair. Super embarrassing but I'm over it. Now I'm that missionary though. That just makes for better stories.

I hate this timed email thing and I hate how slow mail is. I love you and I love the Lord, and the Bokin'i Mormon is the true word of Andriamanitra! Love you all.
Elder Galbreath.

This is the pillowcase i sent him of his younger cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment