MISSIONARY:
Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mahanahoana!


Hey hey family.
 First off sorry that this email is later in the day than usual, I wanted to tell you everything and I forgot my travel plans this morning. (I admit we were worried it did not come until 5:00pm when it has been here by 6 in the morning before)

Alright so first things first.
We fly out of the Salt Lake City Airport at 11:05 AM on August 20th and land in the Chicago/O'Hare Illinois airport at 3:05 PM on August 20th. We leave Chicago at 8:35 PM on the 20th and land in London 10:00 am on the 21st. We leave London at 7:10 PM (yes, 9 hours in the London airport) on the 21st and land at 7:00 AM on the 22nd in Johannesberg. We fly out of J-berg on the 22nd at 10:00 am and land in the big old country of Madagascar at 2:10 PM on the 22nd. Without the time differences that is 33.5 hours on a plane. HOLY COW that’s a long time! In case you were wondering, our mission is the farthest mission from church headquarters. Fun! We are leaving the MTC at 8 on Monday morning. I will most likely call you from Salt Lake, definitely from Chicago, and definitely from London and J-berg if I can. Not sure how the call thing works still but I will call you. Send me a Dear Elder and tell me who to call which time, Hello, call Mom each time! all the landing/takeoff times are on local time so take that into account and check it out on your fancy iPhone with google and yahoo search and whatnot. I miss Google searching stuff. I am so out of the loop here.
                                                                          Exercising his spiritual muscles.
So, I just realized that I forgot all the letters I was going to answer questions out of. Crud. Um, yeah. 
                                                                                          His Breakfast!
Anyway. Life is going on slowly but surely. Nothing new is happening really, I'm just really excited to get to Madagascar and understand little to nothing that anyone says haha. We did get a new teacher this week though, and he actually speaks Malagasy haha not like Bro Pixton. His name is Brother (Rahalay) Burton. He is really cool, he taught here this spring but he took the summer off to be an EFY counselor in Provo. He's back now though haha and he is really cool, very interactive lessons which is a big help for nailing down the difficult grammer stuff we have left to learn at this point. Stuff like circumstantial sentences and complex sentences. Weird stuff.

So, I finished the Book of Mormon this week! Pretty intense. I'm gonna try and read it all on the travel time to Mada. I think I can do it. So pleased with him, I bet he can do it.
  
Alright, sorry this letter sucked this week. I will write you a letter about the devotional tonight when I get a new notepad, mine is out of paper. I love you guys all so much, and I love what my mission will be in a week.

Elder Galbreath ny fahadimy
                      Since his letter was short I have supplemented pictures he finally sent.
                                                Laundry and email time!
                                             He of course found some fake glasses to play with.
                                                              Boys love to make blanket forts!!

1 comment:

  1. I think he is channeling Uncle John in that photo with the glasses!!! What a silly one. Can't believe his time in the MTC is almost done.

    ReplyDelete